- We have been blessed more than we can ever deserve.
- I reached 50. Had 50 great years and the best is still to come (being a "half full" kind of person)
- Only one running race this year - the Milton Keynes Marathon. My first ever marathon and achieved 4 hours 12 minutes. Having another go in 2013 and would be nice to come in at under 4 hours.
- In the summer we had the Birthday Bike Project as our 14 year old daughter got a vintage Argos fast touring bike for her birthday
- Also in the summer we were gripped by the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Should be inspiring the nation as well as a generation. The Tour de France was won at last by a British Team and Sir Wiggo in particular.
- The above Games led to our own Holiday Olympics, mostly in our back garden - hilarious!
- We did a Coast to Coast bike ride with our friends the McRoys and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would be nice to repeat it with a more challenging route next time. Cycling with Becky and Hannah is a wonderful thing to do.
- I moved to another office which is further away and makes cycling a little tricky at 22 miles each way but I've enjoyed doing it a few times so far
- Stress levels remain and go up and down. It is difficult for the Public Sector as a whole and I'm really feeling the pressure myself
- Some of my colleagues have started to run!
- In October we went to Spain and it's the first time I have been running abroad; thoroughly enjoyed it!
- I have the same number of teeth, a little less hair and a few more wrinkles but just as fit (I reckon)
- In September I started another blog http://thecyclehub.net/ to separate out cycling from running. I still struggle with the technical aspects of blogging. I never have really got on top of the Affiliate link source of income although the Amazon one does work (so please let me give that a plug! Anything you buy through the Amazon link helps us keep the "wolves from the door"!!!!)
- This blog is growing in popularity. I have been surprised at what posts have turned out to be popular but right now it's posts about DW Sports and giving up smoking (and I'm thinking of writing an e-book!).
May I take this opportunity to send everyone my best wishes for the new year and to thank you for your support so far and into 2013.