Wednesday 20 April 2011

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference dried fruit - news

You may already know that I am a real fan of Sainsbury's Taste the Difference dried fruit.  They sell dried apricots, figs and prunes in this delicious range and some featured in previous blog posts

http://ramblingsofdoug.blogspot.com/2011/02/dried-figs-sainsburys-taste-difference.html

I was a little disappointed last week when I tried to buy some more, only to find they'd vanished from the shelves and the gaps had been closed by something else.  So, I decided to try out the Sainsbury's "contact us" feature on their website.  Within a day or so they phoned having looked into the matter.

They explained there had been supply difficulties which have been resolved and for me not to worry, they'll all be back on the shelves in the first week of May.  Quite a quick and decent response; I'm pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime, I bought a pack of their ordinary Ready to Eat dried figs, in a silver foil package.  Almost as nice, cheaper but contain potassium sorbate.  Is potassium sorbate good or bad for me?  Well there are a number of websites around, each with slightly differing views but I thought this one is worth posting to link to, just click here.

While I was thinking of possible title to this blog, I toyed with the idea of "Well done Sainsburys" and I found another link with this title which amused me.  Clealry Sainbury's not reading their own website contacts....
again, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment