As there wasn't much time left, there certainly wasn't enough time to get dressed again, go home, pick the shoes up, explain three times (plus a forth time to Poppy the dog) why I was home so early and return to the gym. I decided to go for a swim, after all, why shouldn't I swim in my running shorts?
And so I did. Did some people watching, if ever I needed a reminder about staying trim I had both extremes to look at. While bored swimming up and down I decided to have a go at swimming a length under water. The first attempt left me about 3 metres short. Second attempt managed it fairly easily; felt good. Had a bake in the steam room (love it!) and made a mental list of everything I need to take on Sunday for the MK Marathon:
- race pack including map, car park pass
- SatNav with car park post code
- race number
- safety pins x4
- running shoes
- I'll be wearing my shorts and base layer top
- small ruck sack, labelled with race number
- camera for pre/post race photos (for my blog!)
- waterproof jacket to hopefully leave in my rucksack
- mobile phone (battery charged)
- energy gel for half way point
- disposable jumper
Have I missed anything?
Have you seen the weather forecast for race day? http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642465
Did you see the text "Cloudy, wet and windy for much of the weekend with heavy rain and easterly gales by Sunday"?
Sounds horrible but I can't wait! I'm not that confident, have hardly had the chance to run since the weekend but I'm looking forward to the marathon, if not the weather!