|My Asics Gel 1150 running shoes with the brilliant X Socks|
So, what are they like?
When I first got them, I didn't like them much compared to a pair of Saucony's I'd had before but I grew to like them a lot. Indeed when I was running last week in them, I was reminded about how great they are. I remember them being hard to get used to but I did - and very pleased I did! Main highlights are:
- They were a good fit for me. Snug around the aperture but plenty of toe room, but not too much
- Well made. There are no weak spots showing and their construction is fine
- They have worn well and stood up well to all kinds of rough ground, water, mud, dust, grit, abuse and thoroughly hard running at times
- Good feel for the road; stable and sure-footed. This is important for me.
- Not too cushioned and now I have run far too many miles in them, they've gone a bit "flat"
- The laces aren't quite long enough for that alternative looping pattern of using the extra holes
- Economically priced
Ethics - I'm not too sure of the supply chain ethics applied by Asics. If that is a concern to you as well, it's worth checking out. I know the Ethical Consumer magazine featured Asics but I can't recall all the details (from memory, they weren't that great).
Considering these are entry level running shoes, I'd say they are excellent.