Thursday 29 March 2012

Injured :o(

Following last Saturday's 20 mile run, I know I over did it.  I went too far.  Too far even though it seemed great at the time and now I am paying the price for it.  Mrs Ramblings is okay and not giving me a hard time about slacking off etc.

I have hurt a little part of my left leg, just below the knee.

A few days rest and yesterday I had a sedate 2 mile run, not too bad but still tender.  Today I also ran the same distance and managed a bit better but now my leg is hurting - so entirely self inflicted.

I don't mind taking a rest but I'm worried all that my fitness will evaporate. Head and heart stuff.

My head tells me to rest, even though the race it is four weeks away.  My heart tells me to run no matter what.  I am just going to rest and trust.

2 comments:

  1. Just riding in Utah a little tiny bit with my Nephew Payton and and Nice's Harmony and Charity the youngest Charity got a little tired but it got cold and dark very fast and we all had helmets on.I will always take a bike with me on any trip I take.As there is always a little bit of time to pedal some where.Best Regards Dee

    ReplyDelete