Monday 11 December 2017

Running every day

I have decided to take up the challenge of running every day in December.  This builds on previous years when I have decided to do something like this during just the Christmas and New Year break.  Each time I have done something like this I have found it to be very rewarding and satisfying.

So, how's it going so far?

Mostly okay is the easy answer.  Last weekend I was at Weston-Super-Mare visiting my Mother who lives very near the sea front.  Naturally I had to have a little run each day, before breakfast, to blow the cobwebs out and ensure the day's run has been done.  I always love running along the seafront at Weston, as do quite a few other runners.

Back at work on Monday and therefore the best option was to drive home and then run before eating in the evening.  As we have been out to friends for two evenings this week, a couple of runs were short and just around the neighbourhood.  Other runs have been for three miles and along the bus way in the dark.

Once my head torch stopped working (flat battery) and running through a particularly dark and shady lane was a bit nerve wracking.  On Friday evening Hannah came with me, always an amusing if unpredictable experience.  This was pretty straight forward, thankfully.

While I was dressed as I would for freezing conditions (Craft thermal top, light windproof running jacket, gloves, hat and running tights), Hannah went out as is it was sunny day.  Sports bra (apparently) and a short sleeve technical tee shirt.  I asked her if she was cold and she said she was fine.  Flippin' 'eck I'd be frozen stiff like that!

So the last week saw me run 20 miles, which was fine.  For shorter runs, these seems to be a little easier in terms of being less stiff as I start out.  Week one has been okay.  Yesterday and today the weather has brought a cold snap with some snow.....


So off I go for today's snowy run!

No comments:

Post a Comment